Monday, September 10, 2007

September, I'm Sorry to Say

But we just got back from the Jefferson, Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival, a good feature of September! I rode in a van with 4 sheep and spinning ladies from MN across the WI landscape just to spend 2 days talking, looking at and listening about all things sheep and wool. Great fun! Of course I forgot to get a picture of all of us.
Later on. . .
Here's a picture of Peeps in the ring, showing a ram. It's hard to shoot in that darker arena with backlighting, but there it is. It was great to see her, as well as Jane Eager of Highland Hollows and other breeders who live far from me. Kate Goebel is also showing, and I'm afraid I don't know the young girls on the left. We didn't stay too long to watch the judging, but I really enjoyed the judge's remarks. He also judged the fleeces, a learning experience for me to watch.


Also seen were some adorable lambs, with long tails still on 'em, sleeping by their mom.




Further appreciated, this dad and son combo in one of the many sale booths I browsed. Aren't they so cute?

I loved talking to the vendors the most, today. I bought a crook from Nancy Barnard, greeted Letty Klein and Ann Brown,The Shepherd's Rug authors, Julie G. of Bramble Wool Shetlands, and finally, talked Finnsheep with the Wee Croft shepherd. Angie, our spinner friend, says they're verrry nice to spin.

Finally, three Monarchs hatched out of their cocoons and took flight this week.

No comments: